Monday, March 30, 2015

numbers and labels and high school.

I'm watching my senior year wind down right before my eyes.

She stood up and talked about 124 days.
I wrote about 92.
And well, now we're down to 59.

So if time keeps passing the way it has. 
I've got 7 days left.


Im sorry,  I countdown to everything. 
I had a countdown to my 18th birthday since March 9th of last year.


For someone who hates numbers and labels, they seemed to consume my senior year. 
Numbers and labels, 
Numbers and labels.  


"You have 4 unexcused absences."
"You have 3 NC's."
"You have 2 friends that unfollowed you."
"You have 1 high school football game left."
"You have 59 days until graduation."


As for labels
"cheerleader" and "somebody's someone" always seemed to stick.
but I always wanted to be
"independent" and "happy"


High school may be about numbers and labels, 
but I don't think life is, at least i'm praying it's not.


Because the amount of people you learn to love won't come in numbers.



Stop trying to be her. 
Stop trying to be him.


Maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe were all just numbers,
Aspiring to be certain labels.


I know I'm praying were not,
but I'm praying for a lot of things.



x









































10 comments:

  1. Maybe were all just numbers,
    Aspiring to be certain labels.

    This is really good. And honest. And real.

    Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes cass. The amount of people you love won't come in numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "High school may be about numbers and labels,
    but I don't think life is, at least i'm praying it's not."

    SAME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for a lot of things I'm praying for a lot of things hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for a lot of things I'm praying for a lot of things hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Because the amount of people you learn to love won't come in numbers." so good. The whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an inspiring and satisfying post.
    You seem very happy and independent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Because the amount of people you learn to love won't come in numbers." Everything you write is seriosuly so good.

    ReplyDelete