Saturday, January 31, 2015

P.S.

They warned me about boys like you,
The ones that skip class too often,
 and wear their hair a little higher than their GPA.

They told me to stay away. 
But what's the fun in doing what you're told? 

Moody and cynical never looked so good, 
and getting your attention never felt so rewarding. 

I keep hitting the keys 
T, t t t t t....Try to forget those feelings
and
 C, c c c c c...See that he's not even worth your time.


 I'm over the heartache, because I already went through that 2 months ago,
when you pulled this shit the first time. 

The first time you tossed my heart aside, 
because yours still belongs to her. 

The first time, I gave into your bad apologies. 

It was the first time, and what should've been the last.  


So now I'm mostly just upset about polaroid film wasted, 
and my bad judgment of character. 


But lets give it up for the second chances and high school dances, 
because really, that's the only thing holding any of these "relationships" together.

January 27th came a little sooner than expected

 But now that holiday's and birthday's have passed, 
I'd say that you couldn't have picked a better time to call it quits,
so thank you.





 P.S.  I'd like my things back.  





















16 comments:

  1. YES CASS
    YES
    this is raw and real and brutally honest and necessary and I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the ANTHEM of heartbreak. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was perfect. I don't know what else I can say that hasn't been said already but wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was something i needed to read and i agree with what everyone else said. this was really good cass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just kinda fantastic. in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I'd like my things back P.S. I'd like my things back P.S. if like my things back P.S. I'd like my things back P.S. I'd like my things back. So good mhhhmmmm so good

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive wasted a lot of polaroid film too and it sucks. this entire post was so real and so relatable for me and I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like an ass for wasting that film. this is just relatable and I love it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I read this twice. So relateable it hurts. You make me feel the words that you write if that makes sense. Your writing is so easy to read and it's always been one of my favorites. Seriously I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always the nicest comments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said. Great mix of specific things and images and feelings with the abstract, vague stuff.

    "and wear their hair a little higher than their GPA."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get over how real this is and how much I freaking love it

    ReplyDelete