Tuesday, October 14, 2014

pumpkins and painful memories


October reminds me of you.

It was the first time we really kissed,
and it was the last time I would kiss anyone else for a while. 

I've been listening to September by Earth, Wind & Fire
over and over again. (Even thought its October.)

Because September was better.
And these memories,
they weren't constantly on my mind.




I didn't get that that heart wrenching stomach pain right in the middle of my ribcage.

I didn't miss your repetitive compliments that made me uncomfortable.

I didn't miss forcing you to listen to a great song.

I didn't miss fighting with you. 

I didn't miss the way your voice sounded on the phone late at night, when you would call to apologize.




The feelings are inevitable,
and I don't know if its the leaves changing,
or the way my minds racing.

They say theres nothing like your first love.
Who the hell are "they"?
I don't know.
But as much as I hate to admit it, I think "they"might be right.




And maybe October is for the lovers,
or maybe its for the pretenders.
According to Earth Wind & Fire
"love is changing the mind of pretenders."

dammit I know, okay.
I know I'm a pretender.

But I can't help to fill that emptiness.
Because as the leaves fall,
I'm falling too.


And when November comes around,
and the snows starts to fall.
I sure  hope I'm done falling.
Because gravity's toll on me,
It's getting exhausting.

And whatever you do, please...just please,  don't even get me started on December.

10 comments:

  1. this is one of the best posts ive read. I loved every word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last part made me laugh.

    "Don't even get me started on December."

    This is sad love poem. It is. But that last part was funny, clever, light-hearted, something. There was beauty too. It wasn't just sad.

    "And maybe October is for the lovers."

    ReplyDelete
  3. '...And the snow starts to fall, I sure hope I'm done falling'

    $tolen

    I don't know what it is about seasons relating to love but it's amazing. I love this post. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say theres nothing like your first love.
    Who the hell are "they"?
    ....... and who are they to tell me what to do/say/think/EVERYTHING?!
    I dig this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you write is amazing.
    I am in love with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those last two paragraphs were beautiful and amazing. #stolen
    I love love your blog and this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is beautiful, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my favs. absolute perfection this is.
    LOVE YOUR BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS JUST YES.

    i didn't miss fighting with you

    ReplyDelete