Sunday, November 9, 2014

our love was a natural disaster.

We'd drive through the canyon and you'd be bothered by the silence.  I'm sorry for that,  but there was just something about nature that couldn't be ignored.


My mind got lost looking at pine tree covered forests,




the way my eyes got lost looking at you. 


I loved you the way I love overcast days.

The amount of tears could've flooded my basement if we let them.
Because I cried to you more times than it had rained all year that July.

Arguments as disastrous as hurricanes.

A touch that spread through my body like a wildfire.

Loud laughs that could've been mistaken for earthquakes.

Goodbyes that hit like a tsunami


And a love that was a natural disaster itself,



I was unprepared when it happened so unexpectedly. 










10 comments:

  1. ^same. How you named all the natural disasters and put them into your concept. That's brilliant. And beautiful.
    "Goodbyes that hit like a tsunami." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Because I cried with you more times than it had rained all year that july"

    Beautiful string of words, twiggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural disasters make for beautiful analogies. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My mind got lost looking at pine tree covered forests, the way my eyes got lost looking at you"
    This post was killer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last last picture gif somehow sums it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was just. just perfect.
    "I was unprepared when it happened so unexpectedly."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete