Sunday, November 23, 2014

cold hands and heart



Her hands were always cold. 


As if there were ice running through those deep blue veins.


Not that her hands were any indication of her heart. 
But maybe they were. 
Maybe they are. 


Broken veins that tell her body that if her heart stops beating, 
they'll bleed the same way. 


Her hands were always cold. 


She always tells you. 
As if there was something you can do. 
But you can't because you can't change someone's heart. 


and she wonders,
If her hands will always be cold.













8 comments:

  1. My hands are always cold too and I really liked this post

    "Because you can't change someone's heart"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cold hands, but my heart is warm. Maybe my heart doesn't like to pump blood to my hands....there is probably some kind of conflict going on between them. All I want is warm hands! Or at least find someone who will keep them warm for me. Loved your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "because you can't change someone's heart."

    ReplyDelete
  4. hot chocolate in my hand, i'm gonna be playing in the background and reading this post made it my favorite one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Not that her hands were an indication of her heart.
    But maybe they were.
    Maybe they are."

    ya this post. #top5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple. Makes perfect sense and poetic...tough to be both of those things.

    ReplyDelete