Monday, December 15, 2014

Even if I Tried



I remember an ivy covered house and hideous carpeted stairs.

I remember bus stops, and long talks.

I remember broken arms hurting less than broken hearts.

I remember Jack Johnson, third grade, and pancakes.


I remember the 5th grade crush, that seemed like the perfect candidate for my future husband.


I remember the first time I heard my favorite song.

I remember loose change, and quarters being as good as gold.


I remember yellow clocks, not because they kept track of the time, but because they were yellow.


I remember twin beds and hardwood floors.

I remember lucky charm marshmallows, more specifically the blue balloons.

I remember fingers caught in heavy doors.


I still listen to 15 by taylor swift because I remember being fifteen and even though I hated fifteen,
 I had that song.

I remember laughing until our ribs were sore.


I remember the first time I wanted to hear you say " I Love You." and how I never wanted it to stop, but it did. 



My problem is, that I live for the "I remembers".
&
I  couldn't forget them, even if I tried.








6 comments:

  1. Retweetin your last two sentences (if that were possible). But pure beauty & relateable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this

    I remember the first time I heard my favorite song.

    I remember loose change, and quarters being as good as gold.

    All of it was so good but I enjoyed those lines a lot :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny because those are two of my favorite memories on here. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I remember being 15 and listening to that song and being pumped because my age matched

    "I live for the I remembers"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remember things in the loveliest ways.

    ReplyDelete