Monday, September 22, 2014

adulthood is calling.


"Honey, grow up." She said to me.

my response,
"No."

Because I refuse to stop making wishes at 11:11,
until the day I die.




And I can't decide if that makes me pathetic or powerful.



Because I hope that my lips will always curl up in half a smile
when i think about kissing. 



And because I want a curfew. 
To feel rebellious when i come home late,
and when I sneak out my sister's vacant room window. 







People have already stopped asking me what I want be when i grow up. 
And I wish they still would. 






















8 comments:

  1. every line was written so well, AND I WISH THEY STILL WOULD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh.
    Aghaiaodntbtvsn.
    Breathtaking.
    Nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite blog posts yet. so simple, so sweet.
    loved every minute of reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful and perfect. I'll never give up my childish ways either. (Although I didn't know about the 11:11 thing until last year)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because I hope that my lips will always curl up in half a smile
    when i think about kissing.
    #stolen also love this short sweet and great

    ReplyDelete