Friday, September 26, 2014

I'm writing on a Friday.



I'm writing this on a Friday because those bright Friday night lights 

are turning into dim Thursday night lights.


The bleachers are losing voices each quarter, 
and with each 6 points were down by,
there seems to be one less confetti cannon going off. 

What should it matter though. I don't really care about football games,
or high school for that matter.

but...

Maybe a year from today I'll be envying the high school students
and wishing to be back under those lights,
even if they were dim that Thursday night.

Maybe the only dim lights I'll be under, are the ones in libraries,
illuminating down on the books I should be reading,
for test I should be taking.





And maybe

just Maybe.



I'll wish I hadn't taken those sad Thursday lights for granted.








9 comments:

  1. This made me sad.

    Because we lost.

    And because #senioryear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go to the football game.
    but this is nice.
    this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy to write good stuff about football. But you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put exactly what I feel into words and I definitely noticed the cheers getting softer and the people leaving early.
    This post is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the only dim lights I'll be under, are the ones in libraries,

    I know the feeling

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Maybe I'll wish I hadn't taken those sad Thursday nights for granted." #stolen. I feel you right now, being on the team has sucked so far but maybe it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We read this in class today.

    A bunch of football players read it in a couple classes.

    It was magical.

    I'm not making that up.

    ReplyDelete